As schools, academies and colleges prepare for the end of term, we reflect on the great improvements and updates to Kudos during the past year – all part of our ongoing commitment to provide young people, teachers and advisers with the best services to inspire and deliver careers guidance.
Along with a brand new design, including improved navigation and functionality to our user-friendly interface, the updates and new features to Kudos included:
- MyFuture – a refreshed and reviewed update to our ‘likes-dislikes’ questions
- A restyled and simpler menu
- Comparison of your top 3 careers to see which one appeals most
- Vocational courses
- A new search function that allows users to search anywhere in Kudos
- New personality style questions included in MyFuture
- An adviser feedback function allowing students to send careers, education or training related questions and messages to their teachers or advisers outside of scheduled lessons or appointments
- A ‘Personal Development’ feature designed to allow users to record academic and non-academic achievements all in one place, beneficial for setting goals and recording future plans.
- An update of ‘Work Areas’ to ‘Industries’ in the Working Menu.
- A dyslexic font to increase readability for users with dyslexia.
- Enhancements to the ‘Qualification’ filter on the ‘Subjects’ Page
- A longer ‘match list’ allowing users to view even more suggestions at a time
- ‘Is this for me? Included in each individual Action Plan Report.
- The addition of text-to-speech (TTS) technology to the questions in My Future and My Skills features
- Moving the ‘Apprenticeships’ information to the Working menu
- Merging the best of both – the Action Plan and Career Journey Report to provide one improved ‘My Profile report’.
Wow! What a productive year we have had. But it doesn’t end there.
At CASCAID, our mission is to help anyone, anywhere in the world create a successful future through self-knowledge, exploration and planning to strengthen their future readiness.
Every day we talk to customers and hear how Kudos helps you and your students to achieve this – fantastic!
But, we also understand you face further challenges too…
- Continuing to plan careers education activities to engage and inspire students
- Aligning these activities with the eight Gatsby Benchmarks
- Keeping up-to-date and meeting legal duty
- Engaging parents with their child’s careers education
- From September, appointing a named person to the role of Careers Leader and,
- publishing the school, academy or college’s careers programme so visible for both students and parents
- …to name but a few
Did you know Kudos is already aligned with the eight Gatsby Benchmarks and it can support and help you to meet the statutory guidance too?
As an online programme, Kudos can be used by your students at home encouraging parental involvement and access can be embedded within your intranet/ VLE to ensure you meet those all-important targets in September.
As this academic year comes to a close and you start to plan for the next, let us help you.
Why not call one of our friendly CASCAID team, who will be happy to talk through how Kudos can help you and your students? Perhaps, you are already a customer and would like a few hints and tips for September and beyond?
Give us a call +44 (0) 1509 226868 or email firstname.lastname@example.org – we look forward to hearing from you.