According to the Chinese 12-year animal zodiac cycle, 2018 is the year of the Dog.
Dog years are believed to be the most unlucky for people born in previous years of the Dog.
Not for our ‘Paws’ though… he’s a friendly dog!
Developed by our Danish partners, Paws in Jobland was adapted for the UK by CASCAID as a great introduction to the world of work for Primary Schools.
Paws in Jobland is an easy-to-use online educational tool that introduces children aged 7 to 11 to a variety of jobs. Pupils can begin to explore the world of careers, visiting places such as a hospital, office, building site and airport to find out what people do there. It can benefit children in so many ways, including:
- Links to a range of KS2 curriculum subjects such as English, Mathematics, ICT, Citizenship, Design & Technology, PSHE and Geography.
- A range of activities which can engage pupils in the classroom. They can also access the programme at home, perfect for getting parents involved.
- Careers information which is very light-touch and lesson plans which come with teacher resources to make them easy to use for all.
Don’t just take our word for it… read what some of our customers have to say about Paws in Jobland:
|The Jobfinder section appealed more to the 10 -11 year olds. Staff noted the high quality speaking and listening within groups as they discussed the jobs.||Paws in Jobland relates really well with work we have been doing around the children’s aspirations and dreams. They get excited when they come across a job they had thought about themselves.||The Paws lesson plans are great. The activities show the children how what we do in school relates to different jobs.|
|Mrs Jeffcutt, Blockley Primary School||Mrs Perkins, Year 6 teacher||Kal, Deputy Head & SEN Lead|
Fun and interactive, Paws in Jobland includes:
- Interviews where children hear from people who each do a different job
- Interactive Jobland with different places to explore
- Jobfinder quiz showing children where they might want to think about working in the future
- Puzzle quiz encouraging pupils to test and reflect on what they have learnt
- Worksheets and teacher notes to guide lesson activities
To find out more about Paws in Jobland and how it can help you and your pupils, call the CASCAID team on 01509 226868 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the meantime, why not sign up to receive our monthly eNews to ensure you don’t miss out on all of the news, articles and updates from CASCAID?