Here at CASCAID, we always aim to provide our users with the very latest careers information. This includes providing details about exciting careers.
A career as a Game Master is one exciting career. But what is it all about?
Game Masters are involved in the planning of gaming events.
You talk to a variety of customers and gamers about the game and any issues they have. When customers arrive, you may greet them and talk about the game, giving a briefing. You may give subtle clues to help the gamers – this may be while you are in character!
While the customers are playing the game, you are the first person they contact if they have a question. Some of your other duties include:
- Performing testing of the game before it is released
- Managing gaming forums answering questions and attracting new customers
- Looking at the feedback from customers and recommend improvements
- Working with different teams to achieve the same goal
- Using social media to talk to new customers
- Fully supervising the game
What do you need to become a Game Master?
As a Game Master, you will need:
- A good knowledge of, and enthusiasm for computer games.
- To understand the technical side of computer games development.
- To get some work experience in the world of business, learning how businesses function.
Who are the employers of Game Masters?
Employers include game developing and publishing companies. Some might also be employed by businesses such as Escape Rooms and gaming events.
What qualifications are needed for this career?
There are no set qualifications to get into this career. However, having a relevant degree will be useful. This includes:
- Computer Games Design
- Computer Games Development
- Software Engineering
If you have some sales and customer service experience this would be helpful.
So there you have it – The Game Master. It really does sound like an exciting career, and one which will appeal to many people, from different backgrounds.
Keep an eye out for more exciting career details on this blog!