Cyber-attacks have recently been in the news as data is breached of millions of customer’ at a credit monitoring company called Equifax.
It can be concerning for many if a company the size of Equifax can have their cyber-security compromised.
This can lead to teachers and advisers questioning the security when using websites and online career exploration resources with their students or users.
At CASCAID we take security very seriously and have taken a broad set of measures to ensure that data is safe for all of our end users.
CASCAID is pleased to announce that for the third year running we have been accredited by the government’s Cyber Essentials Plus.
The Cyber Essentials Scheme identifies some fundamental technical security controls that an organisation needs to have in place and build upon to help prevent against cyber-attacks.
So how do we look after or care for your data?
- We only collect a student’s or users email address so that they can reset their password if they forget it.
- Passwords generated by users are not visible to anyone
- We security screen all staff with DBS checks
- Our engineers use best practices and industry-standard secure coding guidelines so that our products are secure
- All of the data that we hold is maintained in the UK/EU, making it subject to the most stringent security regulations
We also employ CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) staff to ensure that all of the above plus any developments are secured.
Having this certification shows CASCAID’s commitment to security and that you can be confident in using our programmes without concern, knowing that your student/user data is safe and sound.
To find out more about CASCAID’s Cyber security click here.